- 24 mini candy canes
- 12 6″ lollipop sticks
- 1 cup white candy coating
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. On a parchment lined baking sheet, arrange the candy canes as hearts with the lollipop stick centered in between the two candy canes. Bake for 3 minutes. You want them to be malleable, but not melted.
- Remove from oven & shape candy canes into hearts by pinching the the bottom of the heart into the stick and pinching the top ends together. I also pulled the edges out to make my hearts more round and full. They will be hot & you need to work fairly quickly. If the candy canes harden before you have them shaped, just stick them back in the oven for a couple of minutes. I re-heated mine a few times before I got the hang of shaping them the way I wanted them.
- Melt candy coating in the microwave at 30 second intervals on medium power, stirring between heatings, until smooth.
- Spoon the melted candy coating into the center of each heart, then top with sprinkles. Cool the pops before serving or wrapping.