Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Halved And Sliced
- 4 slices Bacon, Cut In Half
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Several Dashes Hot Sauce (I Used Louisiana)
- 2 slices Sandwich Bread
- 3 whole Hard Boiled Eggs, Peeled And Sliced
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 2 slices Cheese, Any Variety (I Used Swiss And Monterey Jack)
- More Butter, For Grilling
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook the onions low and slow for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove them to a place when they're deep golden brown and soft.
- Fry the bacon in the same skillet until slightly crisp. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Combine the mayonnaise and the hot sauce and stir. Taste and add more hot sauce if needed.
- Sprinkle the sliced eggs generously with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, spread one side of each piece of bread with the spicy mayo. Build the sandwich however you wish: eggs, bacon, cheese, onions, more eggs, more cheese. Spread one side of the assembled sandwich with softened butter and put it butter-side down on a griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Spread the top side with butter, then continue grilling the sandwich until the bread is golden and slightly crisp and the filling is warm/cheese is melted.