Chicken Penne Bake
- 1 (16 oz) box regular or whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 (24 oz) jar tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a small baking dish, and bake the chicken 25-30 minutes or until it is no longer pink in the center. Cut into bite-sized pieces, and then shred using a fork.
- At the same time, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- When finished cooking the pasta, add the spinach into the hot water with the pasta and stir just until the spinach wilts. Pour the pasta and spinach into a colander to strain.
- Pour the sauce into a large pot, and add the spices. Simmer over low-medium heat. Add in the shredded chicken and stir until well-combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and pasta mixtures with half the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Pour into a greased 9×13″ baking dish, and sprinkle with the other halves of the cheeses.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.