Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it helps jump-start your metabolism, improve your concentration and performance at school or at work, and control weight as well. Handy smoothie recipes give you an efficient, elegent start of the day. No need for elaborate cooking in a busy morning, a meal in a cup that is easy to take with you anywhere. Get a serving of fruit, some protein, and a few superfood mix-ins, sneak in some veggies like kale, spinach, or other leafy greens. Healthy breakfast smoothie is always a great idea for a delightfully smooth start of the day.
Is it healthy to have smoothie as breakfast?
You may be wondering, is smoothies really good for health?
The great thing to have smoothie as breakfast is its versatility, where you can add ingredients that provide different benefits, make it low-calorie or indulgent, high protein or fiber-rich, dense or light, sweet or tangy. All you need is a blender and some inspiration. So, your next questions may be…
What to put in a tasty healthy smoothie?
Dark leafy greens is a great choice for a healthy smoothie. Kale is a nutrition powerhouse, while baby spinach have milder flavor.
As liquid base, regular dairy milk adds plenty of calcium and protein. While non-dairy milk like almond milk can lower the calories.
Yogurt is a great way to add protein. Cottage cheese is another option, and it might actually make your smoothie even creamier.
Frozen fruit makes a thick, frosty smoothie, and you can use any combination of fruits you love.
Superfood mix-ins like chia seeds, flax seeds or collagen powder can up the nutrition for your smootie breakfast.
How to keep a good balance of ingredients in a smoothie?
Instead of mixing all ingredients, the best breakfast smoothie recipe have a good balance of ingredients. It requires a liquid base, which can be water, plain or flavored milk, yogurt, cream, fruit juice, soy, nut or coconut milk. You will also need ice, some frozen fruit or juice. Adding fresh fruits or vegetables is an awesome way to help you meet your healthy requirement as you start the day, but you can always blend in protein powder or powdered vitamins, as well as any other additions to make it taste more delicious such as peanut butter, coffee, tea, chocolate, caramel or oat.
There is a bit of art to blending breakfast smoothies, but easy to master. Just follow your smoothie recipes closely regarding the amount of the ingredients and their order. Adding the liquids first to ensure all the ingredients mixed together smoothly. Start your blender at a low speed can gradually achieve the thickness level you like.
We have to agree that smoothies are ridiculously easy to make, filled with fruits and veggies, and make you feel like a pro when you whip up a particularly delicious blend.
- Oatmeal Smoothie by Well Plated
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie by DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
- Green Smoothie by Spend With Pennies
- Easy Blueberry Smoothie by HEALTHY NIBBLES
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie by Ambitious Kitchen
- Mixed Berry Smoothie by The Big Mans’ World
- Apple Banana Smoothie With Peanut Butter by Kevin & Amanda
- Chocolate Hemp Smoothie by From My Bowl
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie by Shugary Sweets
- Watermelon Smoothie by Cooking Lsl
- Coffee Smoothie by Celebrating Sweet
- Warming Winter Smoothie by Minimalist Baker
- Fruit and Yogurt Smoothie by Averie Cooks
- Cherry Smoothie by Dinner At The Zoo
- Avocado Green Smoothie by Love & Zest
- Zucchini Smoothie by Joyfoodsunshine
- Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie by Gimme Some Oven
- Pineapple Banana Smoothie by Rotinrice
- Mint Chocolate Protein Smoothie by Simple As That
- Immunity Boosting Orange Smoothie by Kristine’s Kitchen
- Superfood Sunshine Orange Smoothie by Love & Lemons
- Brownie Batter Protein Smoothie by Skinny Mom
- Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie by Live Eat Learn
- Green Smoothie by Ambitious Kitchen
- Kale Smoothie by DETOXINISTA
- Vitamin C Fruit Smoothie by Happy Healthy Mama
- Caramel Apple Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie by Running With Spoons