Zucchini Crust Pizza
- For the crust:
- 1 large egg or 2 small ones
- About 3 small-medium zucchinis (mine were about 8″)
- 1.5 cups grated parmesan or mozzarella. I liked parmesan best for this one.
- For the toppings:
- Use anything you like on a pizza. General formula:
- Mild tomato sauce OR pesto
- Grated firm mozzarella cheese OR sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- Ricotta cheese or goat cheese, for small dollops on top (optional
- Assorted vegetables. Pre-sauté for extra flavor, especially if you’re using onion, garlic and mushrooms. A little italian parsley or basil is nice too; the basil can be added fresh after the pizza is cooked, and the parsley is nice in the sauté. Finely chopped greens are nice. Fresh tomatoes can be added after the pizza is cooked too.
- Meat if you like/eat meat on pizza: Crumbled sausage would work well. Pre-sauté. Ground lamb or chicken would be tasty, cooked with lots of garlic.
- Olive oil, black pepper