Stuffed Pizza Rolls
- for the rolls
- Pizza Dough (store bought or homemade)
- 6 Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- for the dipping sauce
- 1- 8oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (or according to the dough's package directions). Roll out the pizza dough, making a 12" X 18" (approximately) rectangle. Using a pizza cutting wheel, cut 24 squares. As you can tell from my picture below, the squares do not have to be exactly the same size.
- I used sandwich pepperoni from the deli, so I had to quarter my slices to fit in the squares. Lay a slice (I used 2 quarters) of pepperoni on each square.
- Then top with cheese. I also quartered the string cheese sticks. We thought that ended up being the perfect amount of cheese per roll.
- Pull the 4 corners of each square together to seal & place the rolls, seam side down, in the dish.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the minced garlic & cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add in the chopped parsley & turn off the heat.
- Brush the garlic butter on the top of the rolls, coating well. (I also sprinkled a little Parmesan Cheese on the top!)
- Bake at 400 degrees (or according to package directions) for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Just keep an eye on them since all dough cooks differently.
- While your rolls are in the oven, you can make the dipping sauce. In a small sauce pan, heat the tomato sauce with the dried Italian Seasoning & Garlic Powder over low/ medium heat, stirring occasionally.