Strawberry Coconut Macaroons
- 14 ounces, weight Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- ⅔ cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- ¼ teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries, Hulled, Sliced In Half Lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend the coconut for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar and blend for another minute.
- Add the egg whites and sea salt and blend for another minute.
- Pulse in the strawberries until they are largely but not fully broken down. Some of the batter will be white, and other parts will be red. Resist stirring them together.
- Using a melon ball scooper, or a tablespoon, scoop batter into 1-inch mounds, place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (time will vary with different ovens; I clocked mine at about 32 minutes), or until slightly golden on top.
- Let them rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before serving. They will firm up as they cool, but will remain soft and gooey on the inside, crispy on the outside.