Pumpkin Salted Caramel Blondies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks room temperature butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- caramel sauce with 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until very light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the pumpkin puree. Add the reserved flour mixture slowly, and stop when the batter is just combined.
- Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray. Add half of the batter and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Pour over the caramel sauce.
- Cover the caramel with the remaining batter.
- Return the blondies to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean. Let the blondies cool before cutting.