puff pastry jalapeno poppers
- 12 jalapenos, halved and seeds removed
- 1 box puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup bacon pieces
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle garlic cloves with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unfold thawed pastry sheet and roll into a 9×12 inch rectangle. Slice each sheet into twelve 3×3 inch squares, making for a total of 24 squares with both sheets. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, bacon, cheddar, and garlic. Spoon cream cheese filling into jalapeno halves.
- Wrap pastry squares around stuffed jalapenos and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together egg and 3 tablespoons water. Brush egg mixture over poppers. (Top with additional cheddar, if you like.) Bake for 20 minutes.