Pineapple Upside Down Banana Pancakes
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 2-¼ cups Vanilla Almond Or Soy Milk
- 1-½ cup Whole Grain Flour (such As Wheat Or Oat)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 Small Pineapple
- A Little Canola Oil
- Mash bananas with a fork—you should have 1 ½ cups. Process the banana in food processor with about ½ cup of milk until smooth. Blend in remaining milk. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir dry ingredients into banana mixture until blended. Let sit while cooking pineapple slices.
- Cut outer skin off pineapple. Cut pineapple into slices ½ inch thick, making 8 slices. Using a small round cookie cutter, remove center core of each slice. Heat a skillet to medium low heat. Add a little oil to skillet. Cook pineapple slices in batches for about 2 minutes.
- Turn pineapple slices over. Immediately pour ¼ cup batter into the center of each pineapple slice, allowing batter to spill over and form a circle around the outside of the pineapple slice. Add a little more batter if necessary to form about 1 inch of pancake around the outside of the pineapple slice. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Carefully flip over and cook other side for about 2 minutes, until pancake is cooked through and is lightly browned.