One Pot Mexican Skillet Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups cooked elbows pasta
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce and salsa until well combined. Add pasta, tomato, corn and black beans, and gently toss to combine.
- Stir in cheese until melted through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with avocado and cilantro.