No-Bake Strawberry Ice Box Cake
- 2 lbs. fresh strawberries, washed and sliced into thin slices
- 3 1/2 c. whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 c. confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 box graham crackers (about 24 to 28 whole graham crackers)
- 4 oz. dark chocolate, finely chopped
- With an electric mixer, whip 3 cups of the whipping cream until it just holds stiff peaks. Add confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and almond extract and whip to combine.
- Spread a small spoonful of whipped cream in the bottom of a 9x13" dish. Place down a layer of graham crackers. Spread on a thin layer of the whipped cream over the graham crackers, and then top with a single layer of sliced strawberries. Repeat with two more layers of graham crackers, whipped cream, and strawberries; then top with the last of the whipped cream.
- To make the ganache, heat the remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream until bubbles just begin to form around the edges in the pan. Immediately pour over the chopped dark chocolate. Let stand for a couple of minutes, and then whisk until combined and smooth. Drizzle over the top of the layered cake.
- Refrigerate over night.
Submitted by: Tracey