Mini poppy seed ham sandwiches on hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 stick butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 9 oz. sliced deli chicken
- 1 pkg. King's Hawaiian rolls
- 1 Tbls. sesame seeds
- 1 large tomato diced
- 8 -12 oz. cheese (provolone, swiss or monterey jack)
- Melt butter and cook until light brown.
- Add onions to butter and cook until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Add the sesame seeds to the onion mixture.
- Stir in tomatoes if you are using them.
- Place bottom half of rolls in an aluminum lined 13 x 9 pan and spread onion mixture over them.
- Layer chicken, then crumbled bacon and cheese and then place top half of rolls on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until heated through.