Mini Frittata Brunch Bar
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked Mexican chorizo
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1 leek, sliced lengthwise (green parts discarded) and thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil in a medium skillet and add the leeks. Season lightly with salt and pepper and saute until slightly browned, 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To the pan, add the chorizo and cook until until it's softened, 5 minutes.
- Pour the eggs into a non-stick muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the leeks evenly into each eggy mixture.
- Followed by a good dollop of the chorizo.
- Go ahead and throw that spinach in there too.
- It would be wise to sprinkle some cheese and oregano on top of each frittata.
- Throw the whole thing into an oven, preheated to 375.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, checking at the 8-minute mark. They should be puffed up and set in the middle. Let cool a few minutes and serve at your next brunch!