Flourless Chocolate, Almond and Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup Unsalted Slivered Or Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- ½ cups Plus 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 4 whole Egg Whites, At Room Temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cups Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spread almond slivers and shredded coconut evenly on a large rimmed baking pan. Place in the oven and toast for about 7-8 minutes, turning/tossing once halfway through, until golden brown and fragrant. Reduce heat to 325ºF.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together cocoa (1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons total), powdered sugar, and salt. Continue whisking while adding egg whites and vanilla extract, mixing until just moistened. Don’t overwhisk or the eggs will stiffen. Stir in almonds, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. (I highly suggest using parchment paper. I had one cookie that wouldn’t fit and baked straight on the pan and I couldn’t get it off later!) Spoon batter by the tablespoon onto the baking sheet (this makes 24) or by heaping tablespoons (this makes 18 large cookies).
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, turning pans and shifting the top to bottom rack halfway through. Cookies are finished when tops are shiny and cracked. Slide the cookies off the pans and allow to cool completely before removing.