Egg Filled Baked Potato
- baked potatoes, slightly cooled
- melted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper
- shredded cheese (cheddar, gruyere, fontina, pepperjack, or other of your choice)
- additional fillings of your choice: sauteed vegetables, bacon or ham, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice a layer off the top of each potato. Use a spoon to gently scoop out insides, leaving a thin layer of potato against the skin and avoiding puncturing the bottom. Reserve scooped potato for another use.
- Brush inside of each potato with melted butter and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese into each potato and add fillings as desired (vegetables, diced meat, etc.) Fill each potato about 3/4 full. Crack one egg into each potato. Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper. Top with additional cheese and toppings if desired.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes. Egg whites should be set and yolks soft.