Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
- 1 (15.25 ounce) Betty Crocker Super Moist Milk Chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/3 cup milk or water
- 1/2 cup Heresy’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme cereal
- 10 chocolate sandwich cookie pieces (filling removed)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk to thin
- Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme cereal
- 16 mini chocolate sandwich cookies
- 16 Hershey’s chocolate bar pieces (works out to 2 full bars, broken)
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on the back of the box.
- Prepare muffin pans with liners.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake according to the cake mix box directions.
- Place cereal and Oreo cookie pieces into a large plastic bag that can be sealed. Using a rolling pin, crush the ingredients until they are finely ground. You need it to be pretty ground up or else it will make the frosting too chunky. Set crumbs aside for now.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare frosting.Beat butter for a few minutes on medium speed in a mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed (so the sugar doesn’t blow everywhere) until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk, and beat for 3 minutes. If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk, 1 tablespoons at a time.
- Add crushed cookie and cereal mix to the frosting and beat until fully incorporated.
- Place frosting into a piping bag (or spread on with a knife, Frost all cupcakes.
- Decorate cupcakes with extra cereal, mini Oreo cookies and Hershey chocolate pieces.
Submitted by: Peabody