chorizo & sweet potato enchiladas
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium (1 lb.) sweet potato
- 1 medium poblano pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 links (3/4 lb.) chorizo
- 10 taco size tortillas
- 1 (15 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1½ cups shredded cheese
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into a half inch cubes. Remove the stem and seeds from the poblano and also dice into half inch pieces. Mince the garlic.
- In a large skillet, cook the sweet potato, poblano and garlic in vegetable oil, over medium heat until they begin to soften (about 10 minutes). Squeeze the chorizo out of it’s casing into the skillet. Break up the meat and cook until thoroughly browned (about 5 minutes).
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Scoop about ¾ cup of the chorizo sweet potato filling into each tortilla. Fold in the ends and then roll the tortilla up around the filling. Place the filled and rolled tortillas in the baking dish. They should fill the dish and fit tightly against each other to prevent unrolling.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the the rolled tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Bake in the oven until the edges begin to bubble (about 20 minutes). Serve hot.