Caramel Apple Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar + 1 Tbsp, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 small Granny Smith apple, peeled and small diced
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Steusel Topping
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with foil.
- In a medium sized bowl combine crust ingredients, flour, brown sugar and butter. Using a pastry cutter, or fork combine the ingredients until they make a coarse crumb.
- Press mixture firmly in the bottom of the pan and bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bow, combine cream cheese, vanilla, egg and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Beat until combined and smooth. Set aside.
- Dice apples and sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Stir until coated evenly. Set aside.
- Make streusel by combining all ingredients, light brown sugar, flour, oats and butter and stir with your pastry cutter or fork until evenly mixed. Set aside.
- When crust is done baking, spread the cream cheese mixture on top of warm crust, top with diced apples and finally with streusel.
- But back in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until center is set.
- When done drizzle caramel sauce all over the top.
- Let the pan cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes and then place in refrigerator to chill for approximately 2 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into squares when ready to serve.