Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 3 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut Into Cubes
- 3 teaspoons Cajun Spice Mix, More To Taste
- 1 pound Fettuccine
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper, Seeded And Sliced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Sliced
- 1/2 whole Large Red Onion, Sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 whole Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Cayenne Pepper To Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
- Salt To Taste
- Chopped Fresh Parsley, To Taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain when pasta is still al dente; do not overcook!
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun spice over chicken pieces. Toss around to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy skillet over high heat. Add half the chicken in a single layer; do not stir. Allow chicken to brown on one side, about 1 minute. Flip to the other side and cook an additional minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a clean plate.
- Repeat with remaining chicken. Remove chicken, leaving pan on high heat.
- Add remaining olive oil and butter. When heated, add peppers, onions, and garlic. Sprinkle on remaining Cajun spice, and add salt if needed. Cook over very high heat for 1 minute, stirring gently and trying to get the vegetables as dark/black as possible. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Remove all vegetables from the pan.
- With the pan over high heat, pour in the wine and chicken broth. Cook on high for 3 to 5 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in cream, stirring/whisking constantly. Cook sauce over medium-low heat for a few minutes, until cream starts to thicken the mixture. Taste and add freshly ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, and/or salt to taste. Sauce should be spicy!
- Finally, add chicken and vegetables to sauce, making sure to include all the juices that have drained onto the plate. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture is bubbly and hot. Add drained fettuccine and toss to combine.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley and chow down