Banana Pumpkin Bread
- 5 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 c. mashed banana (about 3 large)
- 2 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. honey
- 2/3 c. canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 T. large crystal decorating sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease two 9″ X 5″ loaf pans. Mash the banana with a potato masher or back of a fork.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large bowl.
- Add the pumpkin, sugar, honey, oil, and eggs to the mashed banana.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. (Do not over-mix!)
- Divide the batter between the two loaf pans, sprinkle the tops with large crystal decorating sugar
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.